1.11.2007

Snow

I never thought I'd say this, but I really don't want it to snow. It's coming down right now, and I just shoveled the walk and driveway. Within 15 minutes it'll look like I didn't do anything at all. Since we've had such a mild winter this year I never bothered to buy ice melt. Now everyone in the valley will clean out the local suppliers and since I'm stuck at school all day I wonder if I'll be able to get some by the time the night is over.

Of course, St. Murphy, laughing at me from the Beyond, might not let it snow in the following weeks making my bag of ice melt a waste of money. I guess I'd rather be safe than sorry.

Or, we could buy some water softener. It says 'salt' on it, it's bagged the same way (size, weight) as ice melt, and very often it's stored on palettes neighboring the ice melt. Once Mrs. Sixline accidentally bought a bag, and we had it in the trunk for about a year before I finally just tossed it. Even though she got the wrong thing, it was pretty cool of her to take it upon herself to heft a 25lb bag of salt into the trunk thinking it would help me shovel the walk. Mrs. Sixline is pretty cool, ladies and gentlemen. She is pretty cool.

1 comment:

Kermit~the~Frog said...

It's so pretty here, says the woman with no driveway to shovel and a nice covered-parking spot.

We're hibernating today.