1.16.2007

Old friends

So I got to talking to an old friend and realized that some people I've known for onwards of ten years.

My brother in law, Joe. He's the friend I've had the longest. I (obviously) keep in good contact with him very often seeing as how our wives are sisters. (That's a post for another day.) I met him back in Texas in... Golly, 1994? 1993? 14 years ago. I have other friends from Texas I've known that long but don't keep the greatest contact with... I'm a bit ashamed of that. Good friends are hard to come by.

Then there's the 'internet' friends who have been just as good of friends despite the distance. There was awhile when we all fell out of contact, but now that we are all on Google Talk, it's like we never skipped a beat. Wow. Those guys, all the 1994-1995 time as well. 12-13 years I've known them. Their links are over there on the right. For you lazy folk, they're Paulistano & SilverChic (married), Chancelot, and Peter.

These people I've known for 12-13 years. That's half my age. Wow.

Good friends are hard to come by. I can't say that enough. Treasure them. I have some very good ones now, people I've recently met, and I hope to be able to say the same things about them in 12-13 years.

3 comments:

Kermit~the~Frog said...

If our families make it 12 more years, you can come to Scooter's mission farewell.

sixline said...

Now that's a weird thought. I'm not that old.

Peter C said...

hey i am on googletalk now. didn't have it before. now i do :-) safetyman1980