5.04.2007

they said no.

I had a job interview the other week. It went extremely well. Normally I come away from evaluations of any sort feeling that I've done worse than I really have. This interview was certainly not the case. I came away feeling very certain, and very sure of myself.

In the end, they said no. I'm sure it was just timing. They even asked when I'd be available, and I said "December." They ominously said "We're looking for someone who can fulfill an immediate need." Respectfully I inquired as to the illogical nature of bringing me down for an interview when it's very plain (in big bold letters on my resume no less) that I will not be available until the fall. Quite naturally, they assumed I'd be interested in a co-op or internship. I respectfully declined any invitation to work over the summer due to the pressing (dire) need of my thesis.

I'm not sure how to come out with this one. I felt that I was led to this job opportunity, so I assumed I'd get it. Assumed. Well, the story isn't over yet. (For the record, for those of you who believe in God, am I the only one who wonders when the Almighty is inspiring me and when it's my own whims I'm following? Fine line to follow, and half the time I'm not even sure where it is...)

No comments: